Stay in touch with the design industry through the AIGA (The Professional Association for Design). By attending events hosted by the AIGA, you not only get the opportunity to learn about your industry, but also to network and promote yourself as a design professional. Check out the latest events from the AIGA/Los Angeles and AIGA/San Francisco chapters below:
TOUCH ON: The evolution of how we work, play and interact
You’re invited to join SapientNitro / AIGA LA for a casual evening of:
• Fun and interactive digital goodness
• Free and tasty libations
• Chatting up fellow digital creative geeks
The evening of digital, and analog, interaction is taking place at Royal-T, a playful collision of a café/shop/art space. While you’re partying with us, be sure to check out this mix of retail and contemporary art re-imagined in the surroundings of LA’s first Japanese-style cosplay café.
On your mark, get set, TOUCH ON.
Event is FREE to AIGA members and non-members, professionals and students.
To attend, RSVP through Eventbrite.
SapientNitro is an integrated marketing and technology services company that creates and engineers highly relevant experiences by combining multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce, and the technology that binds them. The experiences we deliver influence customer behavior across the spectrum of content, communication and commerce channels, resulting in deeper, more meaningful relationships between customers and brands. SapientNitro services global leaders such as Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Mars, Singapore Airlines, Target, and Vodafone through our operations in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
StimuLatté: Coffee and Conversation
7:00 – 10:00 PM / 17 Nov 2010
Aroma Coffee & Tea
4260 Tujunga Ave Studio City, CA 91604
SAGA Presents: StimuLatté where coffee and design meet to stimulate the senses…
StimuLatté is a monthly social gathering for Los Angeles area design students providing an opportunity to network and create new connections. Come out to Aroma Tea & Coffee and start making creative connections through coffee & conversation.
Free, all welcome.
Additional Event Information
Special Thanks to Kimberley Anderson, President of SAGA (Student Advertising Graphics Association) for organizing this months event!
Metered street parking available.
Fall Gala: Pimp My Pine Wood Derby
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- 701 Mission Street
- San Francisco, California 94103
- View Map
- Event Description
Do you remember your first car? For many, it was made of wood or plastic. Whether you wanted to be Speed Racer or Trixie, Jeff Gordon or Danica Patrick, you used your cars to race, to transport your toys and to emulate your parents.AIGA SF will celebrate cars, their design and the need for speed with our Fall Gala: Pimp My Pine Wood Derby. The Gala will feature custom-designed pinewood derby cars created by our guests who can choose to donate them to the auction, or race them on our derby tracks for fame and glory.
The Gala will be hosted at The Forum at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts on November 18, 2010. The event will feature:
- Hosted wine, beer and soda
- Silent Auction of “Show Cars”
- Live racing of “Race Cars”
- Raffle for prizes ranging from posters, restaurant vouchers and magazine subscriptions to a copy of Adobe CS5.
- For more information, click here.
- Have you ever considered pursuing a career in graphic design or digital media? Check out FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising’s program for Graphic Design where you can learn all aspects of print media, including typography, digital photography and publication/layout design, and FIDM’s Digital Media program where you can learn editing, digital composition, motion graphics, 3-D modeling & animation, and sound design.