It’s that time of year again! The Society of Publication Designers (SPD) has released details for its highly coveted student magazine design competition. Seeking the best editorial design, the SPD is offering cash prizes, the Adobe Creative Suite software and (best of all) a summer internship at one of the top magazines in New York. Read details below…
Details published from SPD.org:
OFFICIAL RULES & ENTRY FORM
“The time has come to put your hard-earned skills and brilliant ideas to use in landing yourself a killer addition to your resume: a summer internship at a top NYC magazine, something that can change your career path forever. And oh yeah, you can also win cash prizes, Adobe software, and have your work published in the SPD Annual along with all the professional winners!
Download the entry form and complete rules for our 2013 Student Design Competition here. You can also find the rules and category info on SPD’s blog here.
DEADLINE: Monday, March 4, 2013, 5 p.m. EST
“That means your entries must be in our office by 5pm that day. You can mail it, express-mail it, hand deliver it or have it sent by carrier pigeons, we don’t care … it just must be in our hands by that time.”
ENTRY FEES: Current SPD Student Members get their first 3 entries free. If you’re not a current member, you can sign up now and enjoy this benefit. Otherwise, each entry is $10.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
- First place: The Adobe Scholarship in Honor of B.W. Honeycutt–a $2,500 prize, Adobe software, and a summer internship at one of the top magazines in New York.
- Second place: $1,000 prize, Adobe software, and a summer internship at one of the top magazines in New York.
- Third place: $500 prize, Adobe software, and a summer internship at one of the top magazines in New York.
- Honorable Mention: We may choose one or more entries to receive Honorable Mention status which often includes the opportunity to accept a summer internship (last year our top 10 finalists all got internships!)
- All winners will also be honored with an Award of Excellence and an invitation to SPD’s Annual Awards Gala in May 2013 in New York City. Award-winning work (including several honorable mentions) will be showcased on our student blog AND printed in our PUB 48 Design Annual along with all the professional competition winners.
Read more details about the SPD 2013 Student Competition here.
Questions/comments? Email the editor, Mani O’Brien at mo’email@example.com
Do you love magazine design? Perhaps you’d like to