Looking for creative ways to pay for your design education? The 2010 Design*Sponge Scholarship is intended to assist art and design students in the pursuit of their creative endeavors through financial support.
Undergraduate Student Awards: 1st Place ($2,500), 2nd Place ($1,500), 3rd Place ($750), and 4th Place ($250)
Graduate Student Awards: 1st Place ($2,500) 2nd Place ($1,500) 3rd Place ($750) 4th Place ($250)
In addition, Glos will be giving all finalists (undergraduate and graduate) the opportunity to develop a collection of creative surface coverings to be sold through Glos! (Any students participating in these collections will retain ownership of their work and will be paid for the licensing of their designs).
Entry Requirements are as follows:
- All entrants must be currently enrolled (proof of enrollment is required) in an full-time undergraduate or graduate program studying design or art.
- Areas of study: product/furniture design, fine art (including illustration), graphic/pattern/surface design, textiles, ceramics, architecture and interior design. Unfortunately Design*Sponge does not cover fashion or jewelry design so these fields will not be included. For help finding other scholarships click here and here.
- Location: this year we are expanding the entries to include the U.S. and all international students! Please note: all payments will be awards in U.S. dollars.
TO ENTER: all entrants must complete the The 2010 Scholarship Application Here.
DEADLINE: All applications must be completed (including any proof of enrollment requirements and portfolio links/attachments) by Wednesday, December 8th at 11:59 PM EST. FINALISTS will be announced the week of December 15th followed by a week of voting. Voting will close and winners being announced the following week.
- Have you ever considered pursuing a career in graphic design or digital media? Check out FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising’s program for Graphic Design where you can learn all aspects of print media, including typography, digital photography and publication/layout design, and FIDM’s Digital Media program where you can learn editing, digital composition, motion graphics, 3-D modeling & animation, and sound design.
- Visit our main site, FIDMDigitalarts.com to view multiple galleries of breathtaking graphic design and digital media, created by FIDM Alumni.