This Shirt Helps, a clothing company dedicated to social consciousness, is collecting T-Shirt designs (for pay) to aid victims of the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan on March 11. Joe Huff, of This Shirt Helps, promises that 50 percent of all net revenue from the sale of Japan T-Shirts will be donated directly to organizations in Kyoto, Tokyo and Osaka. DOWNLOAD THE FULL BRIEF HERE.
“To ensure our help goes to those in need now and not to long term infrastructure projects we are researching [various] organizations so we can direct our donations where they will have the most immediate impact,” says Huff.
Organizations under consideration include The American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Save the Children, Americares, The International Medical Corps, Shelter Box, Doctors Without Borders, World Vision, Convoy of Hope and Global Giving, he says. “As our mission is to be completely transparent, we will have full details of which organizations we are funding at the time that the This Shirt Helps Japan shirts become available.”
This Shirt Helps is asking for low-resolution mock ups of T-Shirt designs to be emailed to email@example.com. If designs are chosen to be purchased, This Shirt Helps will follow up with print ready guidelines.
Submissions are being accepted now.
Suggestions for T-Shirt Designs
- The This Shirt Helps Logo (attached in the full brief here)
- The This Shirt Helps name in the design, ie. “This Shirt Helps JAPAN”
- A TSH Logo (to be determined or feel free to create)
- A very clean and simple placement and symbology, ie.. “This Shirt Helps…” in small print down the side seam followed by a symbol to represent Japan.
- Any interpretation of what the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami mean to you.
- Please do all mock ups on V-NECKS and CREWS only.
- Shirt colors are Heather Gray, Heather Charcoal, Black, White. Please include at least one BLACK in all submissions.
- At this time, there are no templates available. All low-resolution mockups should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.