Your typography and design skills could earn you a VIP ticket to the 2012 Olympic Games.
The Conqueror Typographic Games 2012 contest invites all designers and sports enthusiasts (and those who consider typography a sport) to develop a sports-related typographic poster using the phrase “It’s not what you win, but how you conquer it.”
Check out details below and get more information at this link.
Deadline: April 30, 2012
1. Create a typographical poster about sports, using the phrase “It’s not what you win, but how you conquer it.”
2. Choose from one of Conqueror’s premium papers.
3. Choose two printing techniques.
4. Submit your poster by April 30, 2012 by uploading it at this link.
5. The top 50 (with the highest number of votes online) will be judged by an international panel of designers, headed by typographer/designer Jean-Franҫois Porchez.
If your poster is selected as one of of the Top 50, you will be asked to send the HD version of your design.
A short list of winners will be announced in May and the successful 50 designs will then be judged by the International Panel in June, who will select the winners. To highlight your skills and inspiration to a wider audience, your designs will be included in the “Gallery,” where the public is invited to vote on Facebook, Twitter or on the site itself for his or her favorite poster.
Your design will be judged on two criteria: the aesthetic (creativity and typography chosen) and technical (the combination of paper and techniques used).
ONE Gold Medalist will be awarded an Olympic Weekend, which includes two tickets to the 2012 Olympic Games in London. All travel and accommodations will be paid for. The winner will have their work displayed in Creative Review, a leading magazine for visual communication.
SEVEN Bronze Medalists will have their artwork displayed in Creative Review.
Connect with FIDMDigitalArts.com
Questions/comments? Email the editor, Mani O’Brien at mo’email@example.com
Would you like more information about FIDM’s Digital Media and Graphic Design programs? Fill out an information request form here.