ColourCode (Colourco.de) is a great resource for designers to create the perfect color scheme to fit their needs. Whether you are a graphic designer, fashion designer, digital media professional, or in any other profession that requires color, you will benefit from this tool.
As a graphic designer and graduate of FIDM, what I like about this site is rather than selecting a color from a small swatch palette, ColourCode provides live full-screen preview for you. By simply moving the cursor left, right, up, and down the hue changes in real time. With a click of the mouse you can save the current swatch and add another. Repeating this process is how you create a basic scheme, which can be exported in either a PNG image or a .LESS file which can be loaded again for future use.
How to Use Designer Color Resource: Colourco.de
There are two different modes in this tool: Code, and Scheme. The big difference between the two is code allows for the use of individual colors while scheme allows you to edit multiple colors at the same time. To switch between the two you will need to open the navigation toolbar by clicking on the icon in the top left corner of the page. This navigation bar also allows you to switch between scheme options such as monochromatic, analogic, and complimentary.
Quick Start Guide
- Move the mouse horizontally to change the hue
- Move the mouse vertically to change the lightness
- Scroll to change the saturation
- Click on the current color to save the color and add a new one
- Left-Click the lock symbol on the current color to lock/unlock it
- Click on the left arrow symbol to swap with the previous color
- Click on the right arrow symbol to swap with the next color
- Click on the trashcan symbol to delete color
Try it for yourself at Colourco.de
Questions/comments? Email the editor, Mani O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org